All CPAs are accountants, but not all accountants are CPAs.
While accountants are highly trained financial professionals, they’re not all licensed.
CPAs on the other hand, are licensed and certified through the completion of rigorous education and training:
The Missouri Board of Public Accountancy regulates the process for becoming a Certified Public Accountant in the state. There are five main steps to complete in order to earn a CPA license in Missouri.
- Complete a 150-semester hour or 225-quarter hour educational program of acceptable coursework in accounting.
- Accumulate the required hours of experience.
- Complete the AICPA ethics course and exam.
- Pass the Uniform CPA Examination.
- Apply for a license.
- In addition, CPAs must have ongoing compliance with continuing education requirements to maintain their license